BABY PHOTOGRAPHY INFORMATION AND PRICING
BABY's FIRST YEAR COLLECTION: $1200
1. Newborn Session
2 or more hours photo session in the convenience of your home within the first 2 weeks from birth
2. Six Months Old Session
one hour outdoor or at home portrait session
3. One Year Old Session
one hour outdoor portrait or studio cake smash session
4. Birth Announcement Cards
custom design and printed 25 postcards+envelopes
5. "My First Year" Album
custom designed and printed leather bound album
EACH SESSION includes:
• Photo session for a group of up to five people
• Review of all images and design consultation appointment
• $100-$200 credit toward the purchase of photo products
NEWBORN-AT-HOME PHOTO SESSION: $350
• 2 or more hours photo session in the convenience of your home
• Review of all images and design consultation appointment
• 5 Favorite photos to download for Birth Announcements
• $200 credit toward the purchase of photo products
ADDITIONAL SERVICES/PRINT PRODUCTS PRICING:
Maternity photo session: booked separately: $200 or added to your Baby's 1st Year collection: $100.
Milestone baby sessions (6months, 1yo) booked separately: $200
Photographic prints $25+
Albums and Boxes $500+
Individual Digital Files $25+
Wall Art Displays: $150+
|BABY ALBUM||BABY ALBUMLEATHER-PEARLESCENT-QUARTZ- 3 window cover||
BABY ALBUMlayflat panoramic pages
|BABY ALBUMlayflat panoramic pages||BABY ALBUMLEATHER-STANDARD-SPRINGTIDE Engraved Cover||BABY ALBUMsquare or rounded corners|
NEWBORN PHOTOGRAPHY FAQ
WHY NEWBORN PHOTOGRAPHY?
The beginning of a baby's life is amazing and delightful. They stretch, wiggle, make silly faces, and they are a total miracle. It's wonderful to capture these first extraordinary moments to remember and share with your loved ones. Newborn photographs tell the story of a baby's introduction to family and the world. No doubt, you will cherish these images more over time.
But, the newborn in them will grow and come to cherish them too.
One day they will look to these portraits to find the likeness in their own children.
IS IT SAFE?
Nothing is more important than the safety of your child during a newborn photo session.
You can have peace of mind while working with me knowing that I take all the following precautions to ensure your baby is safe:
• I receive the flu shot every year in the early fall, and I have received the Tdap vaccine booster (tetanus-diphtheria-acellular pertussis) to be around newborns.
• I will thoroughly wash my hands prior to handling your baby and whenever we take a break during your session.
• If I have any cold or flu symptoms, I will notify you prior to your session. At your request, I will refund your session fee if I am unable to photograph your newborn within two weeks following your scheduled session.
• I never force a baby to do a pose that could be harmful or uncomfortable. In addition to that, I will not pose your infant in any glass, ceramic objects or suspend your baby above the ground in a hammock or any other prop.
• Baskets and other props that may become unstable will be weighted down inside with 10-20lb weights and/or be held steady with your hands, later to be edited out.
• Anytime a baby is posed on a table, stool, or bench, an adult will be present within six inches from the baby and will later be edited out of the photo.
• I will not pose your baby on top of or against a pet. Animals are much too unpredictable. We can, however, get photos of your baby and pet together in other ways!
• I thoroughly clean and sanitize all props and soiled linens after each session.
Though I take every precaution to keep your baby safe, the responsibility of your infant's safety is your own. I encourage you to speak up if anything makes you uncomfortable during your session.
WHERE WILL THE SESSION TAKE PLACE?
You have 2 options for the newborn photo session: I can come to your home or you can come to my studio in Glenshire. Having the baby session in your home will allow you and your family to relax in the comfort of your own surroundings during the session. My studio is a good option if your house is small and/or does not have a lot of natural light.
HOW LONG WILL THE SESSION LAST?
Newborn sessions are unpredictable, it can take a few hours to allow for all the moods and needs of your baby. It could last anywhere from an hour and a half to up to four hours. Please plan accordingly.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
I understand how tired you feel. How unsettled and crazy this time is. I am a parent too. You won't be rushed through your session, and will have plenty of time to cuddle, change, feed, and relax with your little one. I have plenty of experience working with newborns and know that you should always expect the unexpected. Pee, poop, and spit-up will happen, and it is apt to be deposited on props, blankets, the parent, or the photographer. It's a normal part of newborn photography sessions. Baby may also have fussy moments, and that is just fine.
WHAT SHOULD THE BABY WEAR?
A special blanket, a family heirloom prop, the cute hat Grandma made, or a special stuffed toy can all be easily incorporated into your baby's first photographs. Most photographs are taken without clothing, but do prepare that special something you would like your baby to wear. Because accidents happen, it is also wise to have an extra change of clothing for yourself.
DO I HAVE TO BE IN THE PICTURE AS WELL?
I know you just gave birth and you are not feeling your most beautiful, but yes! you should be in the photos as well. I can work wonders with retouching dark circles from the sleepless nights and I know how to camouflage the problem areas that remain. You cannot get this time back, and later you will be thankful to have photos of yourself with your new baby. Also, as your babies grow, they will love seeing themselves as a teeny baby with mommy. It's always best if both parents can be present when the photographs are taken. An extra set of hands can be very helpful when posing baby. Having said that, it is always your choice who will be included in the photos.
Can we get some images of the new baby with big brother and big sister?
We will definitely try! Newborn and sibling portraits (especially with toddlers) can be some of the more difficult images to capture. Is it possible? Yes. Can I guarantee success? Unfortunately, no. Each newborn and each toddler is unique in their attitude towards each other. I do have several ideas for trying to capture siblings together that usually work well.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE SESSION'S FEE?
Session fee covers the photographer's time and talent photographing your family. Session fees are due when your online agreement is signed and your appointment date is booked.
Prints, digital files, canvases, albums, heirloom prints boxes are purchased after your session using you print credit.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO RECEIVE MY PHOTOS?
Within a few days of your session, I will invite you to my studio or will come to your home to present the photographs I've captured. We'll plan the best ways to have your photographs printed: whether it is on your walls or in a coffee table album or in a handmade heirloom print box.
Your final collection will consist of your favorite photographs that have been artfully edited, printed and are ready to display in your home.
WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO SCHEDULE MY BABY'S NEWBORN PHOTO SESSION?
Schedule your newborn session as soon as possible prior to your baby’s birth. The best time for a newborn session is within 5-10 days after the birth when the baby is sleepy and easy to pose.
WHAT IS YOUR PAYMENT SCHEDULE?
50% deposit reserves your spot for around your due date and is non-refundable with the balance due on the day of the session.
WHEN SHOULD I CALL TO SCHEDULE THE ACTUAL NEWBORN PHOTO SESSION?
I ask that clients put me on their birth call list so they remember to give me a call as soon as possible after the baby is born (email is fine too!). This allows me to do any schedule juggling that might be necessary to be sure that your session will take place within the first two weeks.
CALL 530-214-0560 or
TO SCHEDULE YOUR SESSION